Ambassador Bonnie McElveen-Hunter is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Pace, the largest independently owned custom content agency in the nation, serving Fortune 500 and leading companies including Southwest Airlines, Walmart, Wells Fargo, Verizon, and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
She was appointed as the first woman National Chairman of the Board of the American Red Cross in 2004. In 2007, she co-founded The Tiffany Circle Society of Women Leaders, which has grown to include 63 Chapters nationwide. To date, all Tiffany Circle Chapters combined have raised nearly $90 million dollars for the American Red Cross.
From 2001-2003, McElveen-Hunter served as U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Finland. As Ambassador, she initiated the Stop Child Trafficking: End Modern-Day Slavery and Children of Karelia program, as well as founded the Women Business Leaders Summit®, a model for business entrepreneurship partnering women business leaders which continues around the world. She was awarded one of Finland’s highest honors – The Commander Grand Cross of the Order of the Lion.
As a long-time philanthropist and charitable-cause activist, she has served as a member of the International Board of Directors of Habitat for Humanity, chaired the Alexis de Tocqueville Society, served on the United Way of America Board as a member of its National Leadership Council, and founded the United Way Billion Dollar National Women’s Leadership Initiative which to date has raised over $1 billion dollars.
Current Board Service:
- Red Cross
- Society of the Four Arts
- Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience
- Kennedy Center National Committee for the Performing Arts
- Kennedy Center International Committee on the Arts
- National Museum for Women in the Arts
- Blair House Restoration Fund
- Macedonian Ministry, Inc.
- Elon University School of Law Board of Advisors
- Nido R. Qubein School of Communication, High Point University
- Order of Saint Charles (Monaco)
- The Commander Grand Cross of the Order of the Lion (Finland)
- Horatio Alger Award
- Points of Light Tribute Award
- Appeal of Conscience Public Service
- Ellis Island Medal of Honor
- Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters from North Carolina State University
- Carolina Entrepreneur Hall of Fame
- North Carolina Award for Public Service
- Courage Visionary Award from National Historically Black Colleges & Universities Alumni Association
- Internationalism Award, American Women for International Understanding
- North Carolina Society of New York
- United Way Women’s Leadership
- United Way National Women’s Leadership Council’s Inaugural Women in Philanthropy
- National Alexis de Tocqueville Society
- John M. Templeton Biblical Values
- Lifetime Member of Hadassah
- Lifetime Member of Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc.
- Dr. Carl-Christian Rosenbröijer Award
- Woman Entrepreneur of the Year (National Foundation for Women Legislatures)
- National Athena Award
- Northwood University Outstanding Business Leader
- Trailblazer of the Year (Women Leaders Forum)
- Junior Achievement Business Hall of Fame