Join the Movement
By volunteering with the American Red Cross, you will join a worldwide movement dedicated to providing relief to victims of disaster. Whether you are in career transition, a student looking for experience, work full-time, retired, or have a few extra hours, you too can make a difference and save lives.
It Pays Off
The biggest reward for volunteering is the satisfaction of serving your community and providing a critical need. In addition, volunteering can help you:
- Learn New Skills – Volunteering is a great way to learn new skills and reinforce current ones.
- Strengthen Your Network – Volunteering brings people together from all walks of life so you can diversify and broaden your network. Plus, you’ll meet others who share your commitment to service.
- Fill in Employment Gaps – In career transition? Relocated to a new city? Being a volunteer is the perfect option if you’re in-between jobs or seeking skills for a new career. As a volunteer, you can have a title that you can use for your next gig in life.
- No Experience Needed – Volunteering with the Red Cross allows you to gain hands-on experience in many areas. Whether it’s setting up a shelter after a disaster, reaching out to homebound seniors, or assisting our military members and their families facing crisis situations, we will prepare you with the necessary training.
- Do Some Good – Show your humanitarian spirit by serving others. Need we say more?