STEP THREE: BE INFORMED
If you encounter one of the following types of emergencies, call 9-1-1:
- No signs of life
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent chest pain or pressure
When in doubt, always call 9-1-1.
Stay calm and DO NOT hang up until the EMS dispatcher instructs you to do so.
When calling 9-1-1, provide the following information to the dispatcher:
- Your name and the number you are calling from
- A description of what happened
- Your exact location
- The number of injured people
- The condition of the person(s)
- What help is being given