Thank you for your interest in supporting American Red Cross Giving Day on April 21, 2016! Nearly every eight minutes, a family loses everything to a home fire or other disaster — the roof over their heads, their clothes, and their most cherished possessions. On April 21, the Red Cross will shine a spotlight on the many ways that generous supporters can unite to #help1family in need after a devastating disaster.
Will you help us promote our Giving Day? It’s an easy way for you to support the Red Cross and those we serve, while engaging your customers, employees and social media followers on a day when all eyes will be focused on our mission. This activation toolkit includes a variety of tips, resources and information to help your company align with us ahead of, and on, Giving Day. If you have any questions about any of the resources included here or additional needs, please reach out to your Red Cross relationship manager.
Here are three easy ways that your company can help the Red Cross spread the word about Giving Day, while promoting your Red Cross partnership.
- Join the Giving Day Social Conversation. Feature Giving Day in posts on your company’s social media platforms including the hashtag #help1family. Access the social media toolkit for Red Cross posts and visuals or create your own using Red Cross stories from your employees and/or customers. Also, work your social media team to “like”, share or re-tweet posts about Giving Day from the Red Cross.
- Inspire Employees. Promote your company’s custom microsite to your employees to help reach a mission-focused fundraising goal such as “Help us deploy 15 emergency response vehicles for a day by raising $5,025.” Let your employees know about any match component you might have. Access ideas and resources for employee engagement here.
- Engage Customers. Use Giving Day to spotlight your philanthropic support in blog posts, newsletters, or eBlasts. Feature a Giving Day web banner on your company website. Collect customer donations and offer customers one-day discounts for using “REDCROSS” as a promo code. Access ideas and resources to engage your customers here.
- On Thursday, April 21, 2016, the American Red Cross will celebrate our second annual Giving Day.
- Giving Day aims to be the single-largest day of fundraising in the organization’s history, outside of major disasters.
- Our theme – Help 1 Family – will highlight how life can change when a disaster strikes or an emergency happens. If we all #help1family, think of what we could do. Make an impact today.
- The 24-hour nationwide fundraising event will rally the American public in support of the Red Cross mission, to ensure we can provide hope and urgent relief, like food shelter and other essentials to those who need it most.
- All donations made through the Giving Day site will support American Red Cross disaster relief efforts.
- Visit redcross.org/GivingDay for information on how you can help make an impact.
- Share messages Before, During, and After Giving Day.
- Call to Action. Include a strong call-to-action such as “Donate Now,” “Click Here to Give,” or “Will you Help 1 Family?” as a way to inspire action.
- Use the hashtag. Each time #help1family, is used on Facebook, and Instagram from April 1 – April 22, Craig Newmark, founder of craigslist and craigconnects, will generously donate $1 to Red Cross up to $25,000.
- Host an event. With Evite Donations™ powered by Pedgeling, you can host a Giving Day fundraising event to #help1family and collect donations to provide help and urgent relief for families when they need it most. Click here to create your custom Red Cross invitation today!
- Make it personal. Share with your customers/employees why your company supports the Red Cross, and/or locate and share stories about how your employees’ lives have been touched by Red Cross.
- Say Thank You! Don’t forget to thank your key audiences for supporting the campaign and share any results from your employee or customer fundraising efforts.