The C-SPAN3 American History Channel show American Artifacts recently profiled Clara Barton’s Missing Soldiers Office (CBMSO) in downtown Washington, D.C. Watch a preview of the program.
In 1996, the site was discovered by Richard Lyons, a carpenter who was sent into the government owned building for inspection before its planned demolition. As Lyons went about his work making sure no one was living in the space, he claims he felt something touch his shoulder, which prompted him to look up and see a letter sticking out of a crack in the ceiling.
- Henry Dunant: The Man Who Invented Humanitarian Law?
- EHL Educators Wiki Space
- Refugees-their Strength and Perseverance-Celebrate World Refugee Day
- @Rules of War
- VOICES [Education Project] – Resources for Teachers
- Upcoming Workshops
- Every Month is Red Cross Month Spread the word on IHL.
- Humanitarian Law and Games – Seeds for a discussion.
- EHL Educators Wiki Space.
- Reaching Community Colleges Through EHL.
- Teaching International Humanitarian Law in Community Colleges.
- National Volunteer Week.
- Upcoming Workshops.