Dr. Brad Gutierrez, Director of International Policy and Relations at the American Red Cross, in collaboration with Sara DeCristofaro and Michael Woods, former interns in policy and law respectively at the American Red Cross, recently had their work published in the International Review of the Red Cross.
Their paper, titled “What Americans Think of International Humanitarian Law,” delves into the subject of international humanitarian law (IHL) and how it is perceived by the American public. This highlights the importance of educational opportunities through which people can achieve a better understanding of international humanitarian law.
- Clara Barton: “Angel of the Battlefield” Champion of theGeneva Convention
- IHL Blog Post – Humanity in the Midst of War
- American Red Cross and George Washington University
- Coming Soon – EHL Online Course
- Next EHL Educators Training Institute July 2013
- Inserting EHL into the Curriculum
- What Can Each EHL Exploration Offer Each Subject Area
- Introducing Rachele Tardi, IHL Senior Advisor – Peer Education
- Professional Development Opportunities