Time: 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Location: Madewest Brewing Co., 1744 Donlon Street, Ventura, CA 93003
Do you know a hero who has made a difference in your community? Throughout our community there are seemingly ordinary people who have touched our lives through their selfless acts of courage.
These Heroes may have helped save a life, performed an extraordinary act of compassion, or have demonstrated an exceptional spirit of giving.
Thank you for attending our 2015 Heroes breakfast. Click here to view pictures from the event. If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities for next year’s event, please contact email@example.com.
- Disaster Services Hero: This award is presented to an individual who has shown extraordinary courage in the face of an emergency, or had a significant impact on the community through disaster preparedness. This could include police, deputy sheriffs, firefighters, and other trained first responders.
- Service to the Armed Forces Hero: This hero has made a positive impact by supporting active duty service members, veterans, or their families. This hero may also be a service member who performed an act of heroism in the face of disaster or made a positive impact in their community.
- Lifesaving Blood Hero: This award is given to someone who has played a major role in efforts to secure lifesaving blood donations or been a part of scientific advancements to the biomedical community.
- Health & Safety Hero: This category honors heroes that have demonstrated extraordinary courage in the field of health and safety. Heroes could be CPR first responders, paramedics, EMT’s, health professionals or just good Samaritans of any age that have gone above and beyond for their community.
- International Services Hero: This award is presented to heroes that have provided an outstanding service to the community in the field of international services, including but limited to humanitarian aid, reconnection services, or education.
Nominees must live or work in Ventura County - The heroic act does not need to have occurred in Ventura County
The heroic act must have taken place in the calendar year preceding the awards event
(e.g., our 2016 Heroes event will celebrate heroic acts performed in 2015.)
Nominees in all categories maybe individuals, groups of individuals, corporations, organizations, adults or youth heroes.