If you are interested in holding a fundraiser within your company or organization to help with these efforts, the following is the process for setting up a fundraising event with the Red Cross Gold Country Region.
- Submit an online request to register your event.
- The Red Cross will review your information and a representative will contact you to confirm details of your event and provide you with our third-party fundraising contract for your completion.
- All organizations collecting funds from the public on behalf of the Red Cross must complete a third-party fundraising contract.
- The Red Cross has materials available for you to use for your event, including flyers, collection containers and signs. You may request these materials through the Red Cross after you have returned your completed contract.
- Any materials you create that include the Red Cross name or logo must be approved by the Red Cross to ensure proper usage of the brand. Please work with our development team to obtain approvals.
- All donations should be transmitted to the American Red Cross Gold Country Region within 10 days of the event. One hundred percent of donations must be forwarded to the Red Cross. Please combine all cash donations into one lump sum and provide via a check or money order. Checks from individual donors may accompany the cash donation check.
For further information about fundraising on behalf of the Red Cross, please contact Tom Peno at (916) 995-1105 or Tom.Peno@redcross.org.