The American Red Cross Los Angeles Region serves nearly 10 million people in 88 cities within Los Angeles County. We also serve Inyo and Mono Counties and the eastern third of Kern County. We are dedicated to helping victims of disaster and providing programs and services that help our community prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies.
The L.A. Region – part of a nationwide network of locally supported chapters - is comprised of the following five Red Cross chapters: Northern Valleys, Greater Long Beach, Los Angeles, San Gabriel Pomona Valley and Santa Monica.
- Responded to 457 home fires.
- Assisted 2,541 victims of disasters with financial or other needs, of which 668 were children.
- Opened 719 cases and provided over $447,000 in direct financial assistance to families in need after a local emergency.
- Deployed 74 Disaster Responders to assist in national relief operations.
- Assisted in 1,226 people with military family emergency communications requests.
- Coordinate 8,000 emergency family communications and participated in 6 veteran stand down events, including a Women and Caregiver event that we sponsored.
- Provided 10,475 comfort kits to veterans, including homeless veterans.
Trained 139,188 individuals in CPR, AED, First Aid and water safety.
- Over 2,000 volunteers installed 8,174 free smoke alarms in 2,888 homes in 52 cities, educating the residents of over 3,000 homes about the importance of fire safety.
- Attended 333 community events, sharing lifesaving preparedness information
- Had nearly 5,200 children participate in the Disney Pillowcase Project disaster preparedness events, helping kids and their families become more resilient
- Volunteers collectively donated over 150,000 hours
- Taught preparedness education to 35,476 individuals.
- Taught 5,106 children how to prepare for disaster.
- 5,915 volunteers donated 155,958 hours to fulfilling and promoting the Red Cross mission.
- Engaged 3,726 youth volunteers who served 17,040 hours of community service.
- Worked to restore family links between 96 clients and their family members separated through war, conflict or migration.
- Signed 4 Memorandums of Understanding with the consults from Ecuador, Germany, France, and Brazil bringing our total to MOU's region wide.
- Provided 145,933 units of donated blood from residents of Los Angeles.