Who is your hero?
Extraordinary acts of heroism occur in our community every day. On October 24, 2014, the American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter will honor individuals with Hero Awards at the Contra Costa County Heroes Breakfast. Help us identify our heroes by completing our online nomination form below!
- Lifesaving Hero: An adult or youth who has performed an extraordinary lifesaving act, using skills such as CPR or first aid.
- Act of Courage Hero: An adult or youth who has performed an extraordinary act of courage.
- Act of Kindness & Philanthropy Hero, Individual: An adult or youth who has shown an extreme act of kindness or selflessness.
- Community Service Hero, Individual: An adult or youth who has performed great community service.
- Community Service Hero, Organization: A business or organization that has performed great community service.
- Animal Rescue Hero: An animal that has protected a human in a time of need or a person who has rescued an animal from a traumatic situation.
The Hero Award recipients will be selected by a committee of community leaders based on the degree to which their acts of heroism uphold the values of the American Red Cross and leave a lasting and positive impact on the residents of Contra Costa County, and heroes will be honored at the celebration.
All nominees must work or reside in Contra Costa County, although the heroic acts may have occurred elsewhere. The heroic act must have occurred between January 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014.
Please help us identify our local heroes by sharing this link in highly visible areas to help spread the word or distributing the forms to your co-workers, friends, families and patrons.