If a major disaster, such as an earthquake, hits the Bay Area, the American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter estimates that it will need more than 10,000 volunteers to serve the affected people. The Ready When the Time Comes program trains groups of corporate employees as disaster relief workers, enabling them to immediately activate when needed.
By joining the Ready When the Time Comes program, your company can tap into an efficient turn-key way to involve your company and your employees in responding to critical local needs. At the same time, you’ll be giving your employees the opportunity to learn new skills, while giving back to community.
- Your company partners with the American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter, recruiting employees as volunteers who we then train for disaster response.
- Your company commits to making these employees available for service at least one day per year.
- When a local, large-scale disaster occurs, the Red Cross will contact you to activate your company’s volunteers.
- Your company’s volunteers will work alongside Red Cross volunteers and employees to provide disaster relief services in our community.
- Disaster Relief Services: Sheltering, Mass Care and Feeding, Casework
- Support Services: Damage Assessment, Call Center, Disaster Preparedness Instructors, Media and Public Relations
Oracle Corporation is the lead sponsor of the Ready When the Time Comes program in the Bay Area, providing vital funding for training resources and materials. Join Oracle and our other Ready When the Time partners to get our community ready to respond to disaster: AAA, Credit Suisse, Deloitte & Touche LLP, Gap Inc., W.W. Grainger Inc., KPMG, Risk Management Solutions, Salesforce.com and Wells Fargo Bank.
For more information about the Ready When the Time Comes program and how your company can join the effort, please contact email@example.com or (415) 427-8133.