The American Red Cross offers training for entry-level healthcare careers through its Nurse Assistant Training (NAT) program. The program equips students and helps give them a career pathway into the fast-growing industry, while also helping communities alleviate a shortage of adequately trained Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs).
During the course Red Cross NAT instructors teach students the skills required to become CNAs and provide basic care such as feeding, dressing, bathing and monitoring patients so they can work in long-term care facilities like nursing homes and assisted living, hospitals and in-home health care. The program also offers graduates placement support and a distinct emphasis on professionalism, punctuality and a commitment towards work.
The Red Cross has provided nurse assistant training for more than two decades and has been a leader in the nursing profession for more than 100 years. With its strong tradition of nursing, the Red Cross is a solid choice for people seeking nurse assistant training.
Students who participate in the training program have the privilege of being taught by long-time working professionals who are all Registered Nurses or Licensed Vocational Nurses.
For more information about the program, please call our Nurses Assistant Training Team.
311 Del Mar Avenue
Chula Vista, CA 91910
(619) 941-3577 Ext. 201
For your convenience, we offer Nurse Assistant Training classes throughout Southern California, including multiple locations in Los Angeles and Long Beach.
$1,500 which includes training books, supplies, CPR certification and the exam fee for CNA certification.
- The program is taught over 28 days and includes 100 hours of hands-on training at a long-term care facility.
- Enrollment is limited to 15 students per instructor, ensuring an intimate student-centered environment.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Lifetime Membership as American Red Cross NAT Graduate
- Graduation ceremony with American Red Cross Nurse Assistant Pin
- Tutoring available before/after classes
- Job Fair with local employers
- Resume Workshop
- Hands-on clinical experience at a local long-term care facility
- Classroom instruction taught by Registered Nurses
- State-of-the-art classrooms & medical equipment
- 2 year certification in CPR, First Aid and AED
- Textbook, Student Handbook, Study Guides & all Skill Supplies
1. Contact Us
Provide your contact information at https://met.arcphss.org
Contact a Red Cross representative at the number above.
2. Attend an information session to learn more about the program and enroll.