Create Your Volunteer Profile
Get started now by filling out the Adult Volunteer Application! After you submit the application, you will receive an email to activate your Red Cross Volunteer Connection account. From there, simply follow the New Volunteer Checklist provided on your account home page to complete the following: register for orientation, update your profile, read and agree to Red Cross policies, initiate your background check and indicate your volunteering interest(s).
Watch the Red Cross Orientation
This required training highlights the history, values and fundamental principles of the Red Cross and reviews volunteer opportunities currently available within the chapter. You will enroll in this course through the online volunteer profile you create in step one.
Train for Your Volunteer Opportunity
Depending on which volunteer path you choose with the American Red Cross, you may need to complete additional training. We will work with you to refer you to the activity and location of your choice and will inform you of any additional training you may need to get started.
- Commit to a minimum of 10 volunteer hours per month
- Pledge a one-year minimum of sustained volunteering (with the exception of semester-long internships)
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastically work independently or as part of a team
- Choose to reach for leadership growth opportunities
- Possess basic to excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office, Internet
- Exhibit creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Are flexible, passionate individuals that inspire others to continue volunteering and to do good work in our community