Partner with the American Red Cross - San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter! We are proud to offer several opportunities for group involvement, whether for 500 employees or 10 members. We welcome you to participate in one, two or all of these projects! For the best match, please consider your group's goals, interests and availability.
Find out more about the opportunities available below.
- Plan a send off or welcome home event for deployed units and ships
- Organize holiday and birthday parties throughout the year
- Hold a retreat for military spouses
- Assist individual spouses dealing with especially stressful situations
- Arrange and support special video connections for births
- Send care boxes to a unit or ship
The American Red Cross is the premier disaster relief organization and locally, our chapter responds to an emergency approximately every 24 hours. Support your community in the event of a disaster by partnering with our disaster services team!
Volunteers from partner agencies support sheltering activities during disasters. Duties may include:
- Client registration
- Dormitory management
- Lifeguard Games (Summer): Gives local lifeguards an opportunity to showcase their life-saving skills through competitions such as an active victim rescue and a 10-pound brick carry race
- Special Projects (Varies): Activities might include preparing disaster backpacks, updating comfort kits, cleaning CPR manikins, providing data entry support, running short-term phone banks and much more
Your fundraiser can directly support your neighbors in our community, or can assist those affected by a national or international disaster. Help us deliver timely and appropriate humanitarian care to those in need.
Find out more info on hosting a fundraiser to benefit the Red Cross.
Time commitment: Varies based upon event chosen.