- Ensure that all cards are signed and include a short message
- Write heartfelt sentiments, keep messages positive and upbeat – Please remember cards will be delivered LOCALLY, do not include “come home safe” or “get well” messaging
- Make cards more meaningful to a wide variety of recipients by using “Dear Service Member, Family or Veteran” or “Dear Hero” rather than any more specific language. Note: Cards addressed to specific individuals cannot be delivered through this program.
- Each card does not need its own envelope, as envelopes will be removed from all cards before distribution
- Give personal information such as home or email addresses
- Use lots of glitter as it could exacerbate existing health issues of wounded, ill or injured recipients
- Include inserts of any kind. Any items enclosed will be removed during the sorting process, including photos and other gifts, If you wish to provide financial support for Red Cross services to the military, please donate online.
Mail cards to:
American Red Cross
158 Brooklawn Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
All cards must be posted by Friday, December 4, 2015 to be included in this year’s deliveries.