100 hour program: 76 hours Classroom ~ 24 hours Clinical experience
The American Red Cross Health Care Training program is one of the most highly respected programs of its kind in the country. We prepare our graduates for rewarding careers in the growing health care industry.
As a Certified Nurse Assistant and/or Home Health Aide, you will have the knowledge and skills necessary to provide quality health care to residents in nursing homes, assisted-living facilities, to hospital patients and clients in their homes.
Students will be taught the proper ways to move patients and the basics of personal care, feeding, and bathing. Other skills covered include taking vital signs (temperature, pulse, breathing, and blood pressure), and how to respond to patient emergencies like choking or falling.
Students benefit from small classes, with caring, well-trained teachers. They receive hands-on experience as they learn in realistic clinical settings.
Day Classes: (4 week program)
For the first three weeks, class is held Monday – Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. For the last week, clinical work is held on Monday – Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Evening Classes: (6 week program)
The first five weeks of class are from 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., Monday - Wednesday. For the last week, clinical work is Monday – Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- East Hartford: Founders Plaza (323 Pitkin Street) 10th Floor, Suite 1005, East Hartford, CT 06108; (860) 761-0249
- New Haven: 703 Whitney Ave., New Haven, CT 06511; (203) 787-6722 EXT. 227
- Bridgeport: 1057 Broad St., 3rd floor, Bridgeport, CT 06604; (203) 338-0951
- Must be 16 years of age. (Minors need parental permission)
- Attend an orientation and pass the Assessment Exam.
- Present a copy of a current negative TB or Chest x-ray before starting class.
- A physical within the current year with no restrictions to lifting or bending.
- Present current photo ID - Driver’s License, Passport, or state issued ID card.
- Full payment is due 7 days prior to the start of class.
- Uniform: Red scrub bottoms, White scrub top, white socks, white shoes or sneakers will be required throughout class and clinical.
- Students must pass a National Criminal Background check processed by the American Red Cross.
$1,250 - includes includes textbook and course completion certificate.
Payment may be made on the following schedule:
- $625 registration fee due in advance to reserve your space in class
- $625 payment due seven days prior to your class start date
No personal checks. Credit card, money order or bank/certified check are accepted for payment.
After receiving the American Red Cross Nursing Assistant Certificate, the student is eligible to take the Nurse Aide State Exam. The fee for this exam is $118.00, made payable to Prometric.
To register or for more information, call Kandace Murray at 203-787-6722 x227 or email her at Kandace.Murray@redcross.org.