Hawaii Home Fire Campaign
Your help is needed to reduce death and injury from home fires by 25%.
American Red Cross Home Fire Campaign
Do You Need A Smoke Alarm?You can sign up for free smoke alarms by calling 808-739-8111
Help us Sound the Alarm
This spring, Red Cross volunteers will install 100,000 free smoke alarms in high risk neighborhoods nationwide. Sound the Alarm installation and fire safety events will take place in more than 100 communities across the country, providing a lifesaving service in our quest to reduce death and injury from home fires.
In partnership with local fire departments and other groups, we've made hundreds of thousands of households safer in just three years. This lifesaving work is part of our Home Fire Campaign, in response to a sobering statistic-every day, seven people die in home fires, most in homes that lack working smoke alarms.
Get InvolvedThere are several ways you can get involved with Sound the Alarm:
Partner With UsGet Involved and Help Save Lives
Engage your organization to help implement fire safety programs in your community.
The Red Cross Responds to a Home Fire or Other Disaster Every 8 MinutesIn Hawaii, the Red Cross and its partners have:
A Local Story From People Helped by the Home Fire Campaign
Kaimuki Resident Expresses Gratitude for the Home Fire Program
100-year old Kaimuki resident Eunice Masumura and her daughter Muriel Masumura were happy to have Red Cross volunteers, the Honolulu Fire Department, and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union 1186, come to their home to install free smoke alarms and share fire safety information with them. “We are both seniors and so I know it’s important to have smoke alarms,” said Muriel. “I am so grateful that the Red Cross has this program.”
Thank You To Our Sound The Alarm National Sponsors
Other Ways To Help
1. The Red Cross and its partners will install a limited number of free smoke alarms for seniors, those who cannot afford to purchase smoke alarms, or for those who are physically unable to install a smoke alarm.
2. The Red Cross installs a limited number of specialized bedside alarms for individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
3. A number of organizations are partnering with the Red Cross to accomplish the goals of our Home Fire Campaign. Depending on where you live and other factors, it is possible that we will forward your request to one of our partner organizations so they can contact you to set up an appointment.
4. The Hawaii region provides installation services in their region only. If you live outside of this area and would like to identify your local region office, please visit RedCross.org (or call 1-800-REDCROSS).
5. If you are able to purchase and install your own smoke alarm, but would like information on home fire safety and smoke alarm installation, please visit redcross.org/homefire.