Team Red Cross has exciting race-morning nerves as they pose for a photo before heading to the Chicago Marathon starting line!
Team Red Cross brings together runners of all ages and abilities in support of the American Red Cross mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies.
Team Red Cross prepares runners for success in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon and the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K, while also providing a rewarding charitable-giving experience. All funds raised by Team Red Cross benefit American Red Cross programs and services throughout Chicago and Northern Illinois. Since 2007, Team Red Cross runners have together raised more than $900K in support of our life-saving mission.
Team Red Cross runners commit to fundraising a minimum of $1,500, which goes directly to Red Cross Services. The money you raise during your training will make a real impact on our organization. Your incredible support allows the Red Cross to serve millions of people during times of disaster, to instruct health and safety classes, to support military families and veterans, and to provide a lifesaving blood supply.
- $500 could teach 50 kids water safety skills through swim lessons
- $750 could provide 300 sets of hygiene supplies for military members at veteran’s hospitals
- $1,000 could provide 50 disaster victims with a blanket, mean, snack and hygiene supplies
- $1,500 could vaccinate 1,500 children against measles
- $1,650 could deploy one Red Cross worker to a disaster area for 10 days
- $2,500 could educate a community at high-risk for residential fires with fire safety information
Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
For more information, click on one of the links below, or contact Stephanie.Patton@redcross.org.
You can also support Team Red Cross runners by donating to our online fundraising campaign on Crowdrise.
Or, if you are interested in supporting the Red Cross mission by sponsoring Team Red Cross, please contact Stephanie.Patton@redcross.org.
The Red Cross partnership with the Bank of America Chicago Marathon and the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K is brought to you by the American Red Cross Patient Connection Program.