For the last 100 years, the Cape Cod Chapter of the American Red Cross has been there for the people of Cape Cod. We have been there during the moments they needed us and have been helping to prepare our community for disasters. Since our chapter was chartered in 1915, we have helped thousands of people affected by local and national disasters including floods, home fires, tornadoes, and seasonal emergencies. The Cape Cod Chapter has sent volunteers to assist during hurricanes Edna, Esther, and Katrina and responded to the events of 9/11 and the Boston Marathon bombings. From health and safety classes to lifesaving blood collection, and through our support of military members, their families, and veterans, the Red Cross has helped to make our community safer and more prepared for what may come in the next 100 years. Throughout 2015 our chapter will be commemorating the many past and present contributions of the Red Cross and its volunteers through a series of fundraising even ts and campaigns.
Throughout our history we have been solely a community supported organization with the generosity of our friends, neighbors, businesses, and community partners. In the early years “fund drives” were conducted village by village – each challenging the next to exceed their level of support. Town captains were known to take the lawn of town hall or ads in local newspapers to achieve their goal. Each year the goal was equal to the number of years the chapter served to community. As this is our 100th year we are holding a special $100,000 Fund Drive.
We held our Birthday Bash on July 11, and it was a tremendous hit. State and local officials, volunteers, visitors and staff members came out to wish us a happy 100th birthday. Read more about the event here.
Check out photos of the Birthday Bash at our Flickr page here.
- This summer, stop by a participating fire station and donate $10 to get your Centennial sticker.
- Support the Red Cross at your business by proudly displaying your Centennial Supporter decal and by placing a Red Cross donation canister in your business.
- Purchase an amazing Elizabeth Mumford Centennial print and a Centennial pin.
- Host a Red Cross fundraiser with your friends, family, neighbors, and community.
- Donate $100, $1000 or $10,000 to your local chapter to become a Centennial Circle Member.
Click Here to donate online and select “Your Local Red Cross”
Or Mail a Check to:
American Red Cross
286 South Street
Hyannis, MA 02601