For more information contact: email@example.com.
Team Red Cross is proud to partner with Dan Fitzgerald and Heartbreak Hill Running Company to provide expert coaching and training for Team Red Cross runners. Dan has had nothing but amazing reviews from all who have run with him in the past. He recently won the 2016 Best Running Coach award from Best of Boston. We agree; Dan is an irreplaceable asset to Team Red Cross. As Dan says, “It doesn’t take a special person to run a marathon; it just takes a desire to run a marathon. Anyone can run a marathon. Everyone can be a runner. There is no magic - just a will and a good plan.”
The American Red Cross Massachusetts is part of the largest and most diverse service organization in the United States, serving the 6.6 million residents of the 351 cities and towns of Massachusetts.
The Red Cross provides food and shelter in emergencies, responds to hundreds of fires in Massachusetts each year, operates the largest food pantry in New England, teaches lifesaving skills, trains nurses’ aides and certified nursing assistants, serves members of the Armed Forces, and more.
All assistance from the Red Cross is free, made possible by voluntary donations of time and money from people like you.
Not only does Team Red Cross have fun while training for the marathon, we provide our runners with the tools they need to succeed.
- A personal fundraising Crowdrise page
- Tools to make fundraising easy
- A training program designed by Coach Dan Fitzgerald
catered to different ability levels
- Weekly group runs
- Long run on Boston Marathon course
- Team manager there to help you when you need it
- A Team Red Cross singlet or tee for race day
- Team celebration the day before the race
- Team meeting spot in Hopkinton
- Facebook group to share training plans, pictures, and communicate with the team no matter where you live
- Opportunities to get involved with the Red Cross through volunteering locally and across the country
- Free CPR class and other Red Cross trainings
- Team thank you party a few weeks after the race
- And much more!