THE RED CROSS IS AVAILABLE TO YOU 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK!
* IF YOU NEED EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE FROM THE RED CROSS, CALL: 1-800-774-6066
The American Red Cross – Michigan Region plays a key role during crisis situations, by providing a network of services, including: community preparedness, disaster response and family recovery. The Red Cross engages in daily efforts to assist families in creating disaster plans and provide relief to families who suffered a house fire or other disaster. Our goal is to build a more resilient Michigan.
American Red Cross Disaster Cycle Services, along with the help of those who volunteer time and resources, provides immediate emergency relief following disasters in the form of:
- Emergency food, clothing, temporary shelter and personal care items to disaster victims
- Facilitating inquiries from concerned family members outside the disaster area
- Providing referrals to additional agencies for long-term humanitarian needs
- Delivery of emergency services outside of Michigan, as needed when major disasters strike
Our American Red Cross Disaster Action Team (DAT) responds to local residential emergencies and disasters such as fire. Volunteers are always needed!
The First Aid Support Team (F.A.S.T.) is trained and ready to respond to any medical situation from minor first aid to chest pain and cardiac arrests.