The Red Cross mobilizes the power of volunteers to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies. The Dakotas Region could have just the opportunity you’re looking for from responding to disasters, to supporting your local office or delivering messages to members of our military to connecting families displaced by conflict.
Red Cross volunteers are united by their service and the feeling that in changing others’ lives, their lives are also changed.
We have volunteer opportunities across the region ranging from Disaster Action Teams to office support to community preparedness presenters. If you are interested in volunteering with the Red Cross, get started now by choosing the appropriate link below:
Be a part of a volunteer workforce that constitutes about 95 percent our entire organization by becoming an American Red Cross adult volunteer. Start by completing an online application through Volunteer Connection. After you confirm your account by email, you will be well on your way to making a difference as a Red Cross volunteer.
Young people up to age 24 make up 30 percent of all Red Cross volunteers. To become a youth volunteer, complete an online application through Volunteer Connection. You will then be able to activate your account by email, and learn about the next steps to becoming a youth volunteer.
- Volunteers constitute about 95 percent of the American Red Cross workforce. Volunteers make it possible to provide services such as...
- Responding to nearly 70,000 disasters every year, most of them home and apartment fires.
- Teaching millions of people first aid, CPR, swimming and other lifesaving skills.
- Helping the American Red Cross collect approximately 6.3 million units of blood from roughly 3.7 million volunteer donors.
- Delivering urgent family messages to members of the military—around the clock and around the globe.
- As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Network, reconnecting hundreds of families separated by war and disaster around the world.