Northern Nevada Home Fire Campaign
The Red Cross is working to reduce death and injury from home fires by 25% by 2020.
American Red Cross Home Fire Campaign
Do You Need A Smoke Alarm?To schedule an appointment to have a smoke alarm installed please call 775-856-1000
Help us Sound the Alarm
This fall, the Red Cross will launch Sound the Alarm, a series of home fire safety and smoke alarm installation events nationwide. Volunteers will install 100,000 free smoke alarms in high risk neighborhoods, culminating in the installation of the one millionth smoke alarm!
Since 2014, the Red Cross, in partnership with fire departments and other local groups, has visited homes installing free smoke alarms, replacing batteries in existing alarms and providing fire prevention and safety education to prevent needless tragedies. Join us today in helping to save lives.
Get InvolvedThere are several ways you can get involved with Sound the Alarm:
Volunteer To Help Save Lives!
Home fires are the most common disaster. Seven times a day in the U.S. someone dies in a home fire. Every 40 minutes an injury from a fire is reported.
You can make a difference by taking steps to protect yourself and your loved ones and by joining the Red Cross to reach out in your local community.
The Red Cross is partnering with local organizations, agencies, clubs, schools and businesses to perform door-to-door outreach days in neighborhoods throughout southern Nevada.
We are seeking volunteers to assist with these efforts as well as to join the Red Cross to help with our ongoing work responding to disasters of all sizes and preparing our community members for emergencies.
If you are interested in participating, please fill out please fill out the Volunteer Interest Form below or join the Red Cross by filling out the Volunteer Application Form.
Other Ways To Help
1. The Red Cross and its partners will install a limited number of free smoke alarms for those who cannot afford to purchase smoke alarms or for those who are physically unable to install a smoke alarm.
2. The Red Cross installs a limited number of specialized bedside alarms for individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
3. A number of organizations are partnering with the Red Cross to accomplish the goals of our Home Fire Campaign. Depending on where you live and other factors, it is possible that we will forward your request to one of our partner organizations so they can contact you to set up an appointment.
4. The Utah and Nevada region provides installation services in their only. If you live outside of this area and would like to identify your local region office, please visit RedCross.org (or call 1-800-REDCROSS).
5. If you are able to purchase and install your own smoke alarm, but would like information on home fire safety and smoke alarm installation, please visit redcross.org/homefire.