More than 130 years ago, Clara Barton established the American Red Cross by engaging talented, committed and compassionate women dedicated to saving lives. In 2006, her legacy continued when the Tiffany Circle was formed to unite and engage a group of generous and highly-involved women to continue to ensure that the Red Cross has the ability to help people prevent, prepare for and respond to life's emergencies.
Log-in to The Source, the private website for Tiffany Circle members only.
The Tiffany Circle is a community of women leaders who advance the American Red Cross mission through a focused investment of time, talent and treasure by engaging women locally, nationally and internationally.
The Tiffany Circle takes its name from the historic stained glass windows in the Board of Governors Hall at Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. Installed in 1917, the windows were commissioned from the Louis Comfort Tiffany Studios. The windows cost $10,000 and were jointly purchased by the Women’s Relief Corps of the North and the United Daughters of the Confederacy of the South as an act of reconciliation and hope. Tiffany Circle members from across the country, each donate $10,000 or more annually to support the American Red Cross.
- Opportunities to participate in hands-on local mission experiences including the Home Fire Preparedness Campaign and other volunteer activities. These are organized through local chapters and regions.
- Invitation to a Women’s Leadership Summit in Washington, D.C. held at the national headquarters for the American Red Cross. This national event offers members the opportunity to enhance their philanthropic leadership through educational and inspirational sessions led by prominent speakers. Members meet fellow philanthropists from around the world and share Red Cross stories and best practices.
- Subscription to the Tiffany Circle e-newsletter, The Torch, which is circulated every other month. The newsletter includes recent program updates, chapter and member news and any national event invitations.
- Access to The Source, a social media website exclusively for Tiffany Circle members. This members-only site includes member profiles, events, updates, blog, photos and more.
- Invitation to annual “State of the Red Cross” call. Tiffany Circle members are invited to this call hosted by American Red Cross President and CEO Gail McGovern. This is typically hosted in the spring.
- On those occasions of disaster or critical breaking news of the American Red Cross, a National Update Call will be created to include our Tiffany Circle members.
- Recognition by the local chapter on a Donor Roll Call