To participate. Community Preparedness Champions agree to:
1. Successfully complete a minimum of 4 of the following requirements within 1 year:Host a Citizens Preparedness Corps program (min. 20 people)Host a Pillowcase Project presentation (min. 30 children)Hold a blood drive (min. 30-40 appointments)Have a minimum of 5 people successfully complete one training in either Red Cross First Aid, Adult CPR/AED, Pediatric CPR/AED, Pet First Aid or Babysitter Training (fee required).Recruit Red Cross volunteers from your community (min. 5 new volunteers)Volunteer in the Home Fire Prevention Campaign (min. 3 volunteers and participation in 2 installation events)Become a Home Fire Prevention Campaign Community Partner (Complete training and min. 1 installation event)Provide Red Cross with an opportunity to engage the community (min. 30-50 peopleRecruit a Home Fire Prevention Campaign Community Partner (min.1 organization)
2. Submit the signed Community Preparedness Champion Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) when you first enroll and then the completed Community Preparedness Champion Checklist when all 4 activities are completed.
3. Check in with the Red Cross over the course of the year to provide updates on your progress.
1. Review the Community Preparedness Champion presentation which explains the program.
2. Print and sign the Community Preparedness Champion MOU:The date you provide begins your one year calendar to complete the 4 activities you select. The completed MOU should be sent to: Alex Lutz, American Red Cross in Greater New York, 520 West 49th Street, New York, NY 10019 or emailed as an attachment to Alex.email@example.com.
3. Print the Community Preparedness Champion Checklist to help you track your activities and when completed, sign it and send to the address or email above.
4. Print the “Getting Started” guide that gives step by step instructions on how to set up the 4 activities you select.
Questions or need more Information. Contact Alex Lutz, Senior Regional Director, Community Relations, at 212-875-2396 or by email at Alex.firstname.lastname@example.org.