The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students developmental internship opportunities at our chapters across the Greater New York Region, which includes New York City, Long Island, Greenwich, Conn., and the Lower Hudson Valley. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects that impact our mission. Students gain practical business experience by learning more about the nonprofit industry through assignments in Preparedness Health & Safety, Disaster Services, Service to the Armed Forces, International Services, and other business units including marketing, HR, finance, just to name a few of our more recent positions.
Other important information about the American Red Cross Internship program:
- While some departments offer school year opportunities, there are more opportunities available for the summer.
- Available opportunities can be found at: http://www.redcross.org/about-us/careers
- Candidates may apply for as many positions as they desire.
- The American Red Cross offers unpaid opportunities where students have the option to earn academic credit based on guidelines provided by their educational institution.
- Internship housing is not provided by the Red Cross.
- Positions are open to students who are/will be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs at the time of the internship.
APPLYING FOR AMERICAN RED CROSS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Students interested in positions should apply for specific open Red Cross intern positions. There is not a general application for Red Cross Internships. Please also note that students must be enrolled in a degree program to be eligible to apply.
Application deadlines and instructions are included in each internship opportunity posting.
To learn more about our internship program and open opportunities, around the country visit: