To Get Help: Contact your Local Chapter 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Red Cross Disaster Services provides relief to people who have experienced natural and certain man-made disasters. This unit is prepared at all times to provide food, clothing, shelter and medical care to disaster victims. All assistance is free; disaster victims are not expected to pay the Red Cross for any services provided to them.
- Snowstorms, ice storms and power failures
- Minor creek flooding and flooding of low lying areas around Lake Erie
- Major explosions and chemical leaks
- Train derailments
- Funding for food, clothing, and household goods after house fires
- Sheltering and mass care services after larger disasters
- Health and Mental Health services
- Referrals to assist in long-term recovery planning