- Responding to disasters
- Teaching people how to prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies
- Teaching first aid & CPR and other health and safety skills
- Supporting service members and their families during emergencies
- Reconnecting families separated around the world through international tracing services
- Organizing youth programs
- Supporting blood drives
Helping others feels good, and helps you feel good about yourself. Your local Red cross can work with you to provide rewarding experiences, opportunities to utilize your talents, and provide training to help you serve your community.
Potential volunteers will need to complete a Volunteer Application, Choose Volunteer Interests, Read and Agree to Red Cross policies. Adult volunteers will complete a Background Check. Youth volunteers will submit a Parental Consent Form. You can start the process by clicking on an application below.
If you are looking to volunteer for the American Red Cross on a regular basis, please complete and submit the Adult Volunteer Application.
If you are between the ages of 13 and 17 and would like to become an American Red Cross Youth Volunteer, please complete and submit the Youth Volunteer Application.