The Dakotas Region of the American Red Cross serves nearly 1.7 million people covering all of North Dakota, South Dakota and 10 counties in Western Minnesota. People in the Dakotas Region are served through more than 550 active volunteers that provide the following services:
- Immediate, short-term disaster assistance for victims of fires, floods, winter and summer storms and other natural or man-made disasters
- Community disaster education
- Safety classes for adults and youth
- Emergency kits and supplies
- International communication to locate family members separated by disaster or warfare
- Emergency communication for military families
- The chapter also mobilizes local volunteers and resources to help respond to disasters across the nation.
- Assisted 5,147 people during emergencies or disasters
- Provided services to 783 military members and their families, including emergency communication
- Installed 3,575 free smoke alarms through the Home Fire Campaign
- Trained 34,305 people in health and safety courses
- Collected 4,886 units of blood from 4,340 people
As a blood donor, you are able to donate every two months or so, and the more blood you give the more lives you can save.
With your financial donations, you can transform lives, including your own. Standing right beside every volunteer is a donor who makes our work possible.
Take an American Red Cross class to learn how to save a life, assist others in disasters, swim or babysit.
You have multiple opportunities to volunteer and add value to your community – join a Disaster Action Team, help organize an event, instruct a course.
If you need emergency help, or would like to know how to help, please contact us.