Cory Paul was hired as Executive Director of the Dayton Area Chapter on July 1, 2017, after holding several positions within the Red Cross, including most recently Service to the Armed Forces Director for the 27-county Greater Cincinnati-Dayton Region. That position had oversight and worked extensively with the Red Cross operations at the Dayton VA and Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Medical Hospital.
Paul began his career with the Red Cross as a volunteer on a Disaster Action Team in Northeast Ohio, where he ascended to the position of Team Leader. He took that experience into a staff role as a Disaster Program Manager, where he coordinated volunteers and partner agencies to prepare for, respond to and recover from disaster.
While working with the Red Cross, Paul was also actively engaged in the Ohio Army National Guard. In 2013, he was called to duty and deployed with the 837th Engineer Company to Qalat, Afghanistan, in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. For 321 days he operated in one of the most kinetic areas of Southern Afghanistan, completing 188 route clearance patrols covering over 13,000 kilometers—three times the distance from Los Angeles to New York.
Upon his return to the United States, Paul resumed his work with the Red Cross. In November of 2015, he moved to Cincinnati and took over as the Regional Director of Service to the Armed Forces.
Under Paul’s leadership, the Red Cross provided annual assistance to more than 3,000 members of the military and their families through emergency communications, financial assistance and information and referrals. Through his leadership, volunteers also visited more than 1,400 veterans, offering them thanks, care and assistance.
- Arik Sherk – Chair – Lawyer, Thompson Hine
- Mark Henestofel – Vice Chair – Financial Advisor
- Peter Vogel – Secretary – Retired Executive, Mead Corp.
- Michael Smith – Treasurer – CPA, Goldshott, Lamb, Hobbs
- Dr. Clark Beck – Retired engineer
- Paige Benedict – Production Tube Cutting
- Amanda Burke
- Chip Cassano – Cassanos Pizza
- Jennifer Cunninghan – Chief Nurse, Dayton VA
- Cheryl Garrett – Retired, City of Dayton
- Seth Gordon – WSU Veterans
- Martin Hydell – Retired, Mead Corp.
- Patrick Kelly – Regional Branch Manager, US Bank
- Nick Lair – Premier Health
- Tony Lemen – Messer Construction
- Mike Lopez – Fifth Third Bank
- Brian Martin – Regional Planning Commission, Montgomery County
- Scott MacDonald – University of Dayton
- Fran O'Shaughnessy – Retired, Red Cross
- Karen Painter – LWC Inc.
- Phillip Parker – Dayton Chamber of Commerce
- Sharon Schroder – DP&L
- Bob Schwab – BTG–Business Management Group
- Carleen Suttman – Past Chair – Community Volunteer
- Dr. Howard Abroms
- Jerome Cohen
- Dr. Robert Dean
- Neil Hazel
- Richard Metcalf
- Nancy Michaud
- Anita Rankin
- Richard Roediger
- Howard Thiele
- Walter Schaller
- Kenneth Schriber
- Jean Shwartz
- Marianne Urban
- Timothy White
- Joyce Young
The Associate Board assists the Dayton-Area Chapter of the American Red Cross in fulfilling its mission. The mission is to help the community prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies.
The programs that are benefited by the funds raised through the Associate Board are part of the Dayton-Area Chapter’s must, should and may services. These services include Disaster, Armed Forces Emergency Services, Emergency Housing programs and operational costs of these programs and services.
To learn more about Associate Board membership, please call the chapter at 937-222-0124.
- Mitch Anderson
- Rhonda Beckham
- Danielle Begley
- Amanda Burke
- Rachel Crowder
- Rob Dennis
- Matt Drerup
- Emilee Isaac
- Nate Lansangan
- Kate Lash
- Kristin Maloney
- Patrick Martinez
- Scott Miller
- Erin Murdock
- Nicholas Myles
- Alex Pammer
- Hanna Pancoast
- Zakiya Robinson
- Jessica Salisbury
- Jessica Wenig
- Ebony Wrey