We will also be collecting new, small items to donate to the VA:
- Blank greeting cards (not sealed); with a forever postage stamp for service members to use for their own correspondence
- Combs/ brushes
- Deodorant (roll-on/spray)
- Disposable razors
- Hand lotion
- Shaving cream
- White socks
- Adult coloring books
- Colored pencils
- DVD movies
- Large print: Sudoku, word search, crossword books
- Low vision playing cards
- The Red Cross does not provide cards to sign. Instead, please feel free to make cards or use any favorites that you have on hand.
- In order to make cards as meaningful as possible for a wide audience, we recommend that you use generic titles such as “Dear Service Member,/Veteran/ Military Family Member” when writing the cards.
- Please, no personal information such as addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses
- Cards should not contain glitter because some cards may end up at the bedside of a wounded service member and the glitter could aggravate existing health issues.
- Please do not seal in individual envelopes. It is easier for our volunteers to screen and sort the cards if they aren’t individually sealed in envelopes.
- Individual cards can be dropped off or mailed to the Red Cross chapters in a large envelope or mailing box.
- We ask that people not enclose any items with the holiday cards. Any items enclosed with the holiday cards will be removed, including photos and other gifts. If you wish to provide financial support for Red Cross services to the military, please donate online.
- Chapters cannot accept cards after November 30 – we still need time for our volunteers to sort and deliver!
- Greater Cleveland Chapter
- Lake Erie/Heartland Chapter
- Elyria Office
- Mansfield Office
- Lake to River Chapter
- Jefferson County Office
- Stark County & Muskingum Lakes Chapter
- Muskingum Lakes Office
- Summit, Portage, and Medina Counties Chapter
3747 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115
244 West South Street, Wooster, OH 44691
2929 West River Rd. N., Elyria, OH 44035
39 N. Park Street, Mansfield, OH 44902
3530 Belmont Avenue, Suite 7, Youngstown, OH 44505
81 Talbott Drive, Wintersville, OH 43953
408 9th Street, SW, Canton, OH 44707
1451 4th St. NW, New Philadelphia, OH 44663
501 West Market Street, Akron, OH 44303
Word of Mouth: Host a card signing party as part of your Thanksgiving Celebration!
Social Media: Connect with fellow card senders through social media channels and help us get the word out through Facebook and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #holidaymail.
Help Sort and Deliver Cards: If you are interested in helping sort and deliver cards, please contact Jessica Tischler at 216-426-7525 to see how you can help.