Raising funds for the Red Cross is a great way to build teamwork, bring special purpose to your neighborhood party or home gathering, and make a difference in the community. Review our list of fundraising ideas – or develop your own great ideas – and tailor them to your group’s needs and resources.
All groups interested in organizing a fundraiser should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important note: In order to be recognized and supported as a valid Red Cross fundraising event or campaign, your group must complete and sign a Fundraising Agreement and may not participate in any door-to-door fundraising or solicitation to businesses. The Red Cross does not provide canisters or collection boxes for fundraising purposes.
- “Dress-down” day at the office or school and have each dressed-down employee or student donate
- Bake sale or a used book/movie sale
- School coin drive
- Run, walk, bike ride, rocking chair or skate-a-thon, softball tournament, or dance marathon
- Garage sale
- Host a battle of the bands and charge admission
- Craft and/or art fair
- All-school or all-company talent show
- Mow lawns, wash windows, clean houses, or walk dogs to support the Red Cross
- Organize a chili cook-off, charging for each entry and for samples
- Auction off theme baskets or other goods/services
- Set up a lemonade stand on a hot summer day