The American Red Cross serving Central Pennsylvania provides vital services to the 22 county regions 365 days a year—from responding to home fires in local neighborhoods to teaching first aid and CPR to community groups.
We’re able to provide these services thanks to a corps of more than 1,852 dedicated volunteers and the generosity of our donors. The American Red Cross puts these donations to good use—we are proud to tell donors that we invest an average of 91 cents of every dollar in humanitarian services and programs, well above the industry standard.
- We assisted over 700 local families affected by disaster.
- We educated over 1.3 million people in disaster preparedness.
- We installed 3,242 free smoke alarms.
- We briefed 3,900 families through the ‘Get to know Us Before You Need Us’ program
- We provided 1,885 services to local military families, including emergency communications.
- We trained 40,538 individuals in the Central PA region in life-saving skills like First Aid & CPR.
- We collected over 55,000 units of life-saving blood.
A United Way Program Partner