In Eastern Pennsylvania, the Red Cross responds to an average of 5-7 home fires every day. In partnership with the Fire Departments throughout the region, the Red Cross will be installing working smoke alarms for free in homes in high-risk neighborhoods and educating people on fire prevention and safety.
Our goal is to decrease the number of fatalities due to home fires by empowering the people of Eastern Pennsylvania. We urge you to schedule your free in-home smoke alarm installation appointment today by visiting the link below.
Progress: FY2016 the Eastern Pennsylvania Region had installed 6,414 smoke alarms
- Installed smoke alarms if no working smoke alarms are present in your home
- Guidance in the development of a Family Disaster Plan
- Valuable emergency preparedness tips and information
1. The Red Cross and its partners will install a limited number of free smoke alarms for those who cannot afford to purchase smoke alarms or for those who are physically unable to install a smoke alarm.
2. The Red Cross installs a limited number of specialized bedside alarms for individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
3. A number of organizations are partnering with the Red Cross to accomplish the goals of our Home Fire Campaign. Depending on where you live and other factors, it is possible that we will forward your request to one of our partner organizations so they can contact you to set up an appointment.
4. The Eastern Pennslyvania Region provides installation services in Eastern Pennslyvania only. If you live outside of this area and would like to identify your local region office, please visit RedCross.org (or call 1-800-REDCROSS).
5. If you are able to purchase and install your own smoke alarm, but would like information on home fire safety and smoke alarm installation, please visit redcross.org/homefire.