The Utah Region responds to nearly 150 local disasters and emergencies each year, and also deploys staff and volunteers to assist with large-scale disaster relief efforts in other states when needed. Locally, we provide immediate, short-term disaster relief assistance to victims of disasters and emergencies such as house and apartment fires, natural disasters, mass transit accidents, hazardous material incidents, and community emergencies.
Need Help? To find out if we can help you following a disaster, please contact our Disaster Services Team at (801) 323-7000. This phone number is answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Clothing, shoes, coat replacement
- Toiletry items
- Flood clean-up kits
- Medical replacement (Rx, glasses, dentures, etc.)
- Mental Health support
- Referrals to other community organizations to assist with other needs
- Information to assist with planning long-term recovery
- Mass Care Sheltering and other client services (for large-scale disasters)
- Additional transitional support may also be provided