Because it’s fun. And because you can make a real difference in your community and transform your own life at the same time.
The Utah Region Youth Services Program is special because it is led primarily by youth.
If you truly commit to participating, you can expect to:
- HAVE FUN!
- Become involved in all Red Cross Initiatives from CPR, to Disaster Response to International Humanitarian Law and more
- Participate in fun, meaningful community service projects
- Build your leadership capacity
- Build your appreciation of diversity
- Potentially SAVE LIVES
- Gain valuable experience that will propel you into the professional and non-profit world, improve your resume, and show you what it takes to work well with all sorts of people
The fun, friendship, learning and life-changing experiences won’t start until you do. Check out these ways to get involved now:
Volunteer through the Utah Region Youth Services Program
This is our most important and impactful activity of the year and the beginning part of our Leadership Capacity Building Program. LDC is a weeklong camp June 22nd-26th 2015 for those in 9th 10th and 11th grade during the 2014-2015 school year. Participants learn leadership skills through values clarification, diversity and pushing themselves out of their comfort zone. Without a doubt this camp changes everyone who participates.
Start a Red Cross Club at Your School
Anyone can start a Red Cross Club in their High School or College. It’s a great way to practice leadership,, learn life saving techniques and involve more people in their communities in the Red Cross.
Contact: Kristy Denlein
Contact: Skip Morgan