For more information regarding our AmeriCorps program, please contact Nancy Watchie at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 206 726-3569.
PLEASE NOTE: AmeriCorps team position offers are contingent upon AmeriCorps funding notification.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in the community? Do you want to gain new skills and experiences? Are you passionate about empowering people to prepare for and recover from disasters and emergencies?
If you are interested in joining next year's team of enthusiastic individuals at the American Red Cross Northwest Region, please visit Our Blog for recruitment and application information. Members will serve from September 1, 2016 through July 15, 2017.
- Invaluable experience from a nationally and internationally-respected organization for school, a future job or new career
- Extensive training
- $5,775 AmeriCorps Education Award (upon successful completion of service term commitment and 1700 hours of service)
- $1,195/month living stipend (before taxes)
- Eligibility for health insurance coverage
- Subsidized childcare (if qualified)
- Student loan forbearance (on qualifying loans)
- Commit to serve full-time for 10.5 months (September 1, 2016 – July 15, 2017)
- Successfully serve in the position, serve 40 hours a week and meet the 1700 minimum requirement for a full term of service
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 2 years of college and/or relevant life experience
- Have a valid driver’s license & clean driving record, prefer if member has own reliable vehicle
- Pass required criminal background checks
All AmeriCorps positions will require occasional travel to other Red Cross Regional offices. Must be comfortable working with a wide variety of people from all walks of life and backgrounds, and respect the Red Cross principles of neutrality and impartiality