The American Red Cross works with a global network of Red Cross and Red Crescent societies to restore hope and dignity to the world's vulnerable populations. This international Red Cross movement brings emergency relief to disaster victims and improves basic living conditions of those in chronically deprived areas of the world.
The American Red Cross partners with countless organizations in the efficient and effective relief of human suffering and in the empowerment of people with the skills they need to help themselves.
Many Wisconsin residents have origins in other countries. When these families are unexpectedly torn apart by war, disaster, migration or other humanitarian crises, workers at our local Red Cross chapters help re-establish communication between family members when no other communication is possible.
In Wisconsin, the Red Cross International Services Program provides:
• Emergency family unification tracing and communication
• Education on international humanitarian law
• Support of International Federation programs and initiatives
• The chaos and confusion of war, disaster and migration can separate families when they need each other most. When this happens, the Red Cross joins the search across international borders, offering a unique service that reconnects families.
• Understanding that the pain of separation is enormous when you do not know if your loved ones are alive or suffering, the American Red Cross can help, from delivering a simple message like “I am alive” to facilitating the incredible reunions of Holocaust survivors. The American Red Cross Restoring Family Links services have brought comfort to thousands of families.
• American Red Cross caseworkers help families locate missing relatives by working with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and Red Cross and Red Crescent organizations in nearly every country around the world.
• Click Here to learn more about Restoring Family Links.
• To contact a caseworker in Wisconsin please: Submit an Inquiry