The American Red Cross Young Professionals of Northeast Wisconsin (RCYP) is a young professionals group of socially-engaged individuals between the ages of 21 to 40, who share a dedication to the mission of the American Red Cross. We serve to support the American Red Cross' vision of preventing and alleviating human suffering through fundraising events, volunteerism and social advocacy in the Northeast Wisconsin community.
RCYP hosts signature events each year that focus on the Red Cross mission. Members can get involved in planning and executing these events, or they can simply attend. Events are held in Northeast Wisconsin, with young professional's schedules in mind. Our signature events include:
- The Pillowcase Project- The Pillowcase Project is a preparedness education program for children in grades 3 – 5, which teaches students about personal and family preparedness, local hazards, and basic coping skills. This is a 60-minute presentation held by the RCYP. The program leads students through a “learn, practice, share” framework to engage them in disaster preparedness. Students receive a sturdy pillowcase upon completion of the program in which they are encouraged to build their personal emergency supplies kit.
- RCYP Annual Fall Event- Held during the fall, RCYP celebrates the group's birthday through a volunteer event, fundraiser or social.
- Holiday Mail for Heroes- With many service members and veterans separated from their families this holiday season due to deployments and hospital stays, this program empowers people to “Give Something That Means Something” by sending a card of thanks and support to the members of the Armed Forces, veterans and their families. Held during the winter, RCYP can capture their creative side by creating cards for these worthy men and women.
- RCYP members volunteer together at other Red Cross special events throughout the year, including but not limited to fundraisers, smoke alarm installation events, and Packer events such as Play 60 and Spooktacular.
- Meet fellow philanthropic young professionals.
- Connect with mentors to RCYP, including the American Red Cross Northeast Wisconsin Board of Directors.
- Build leadership and professional skills.
- Grow personally by building a sense of self and living life with a purpose.
- Volunteer for the world's most recognized charity.