The American Red Cross, serving Adams, Brown, Hancock McDonough & Pike counties, will hold its 96th Annual Meeting and Volunteer Recognition Dinner at 6:30pm on Thursday, June 20, 2013 at the Vermont Street United Methodist Church (818 Vermont Street in Quincy). At the event, local residents and volunteers will be recognized for their service to our community and their fellow man.
• Volunteer of the Year: Pam Arnold
• Distinguished Volunteer Service Award: Param Singh
• Clara Barton Honor Award for Meritorious Volunteer Leadership: Dorothy Yackley
• Nurse of the Year: Candy Leeper
• Youth of the Year: Patrice Connor
• Corporate Leadership: The Travel House of Quincy and WGEM
• Good Neighbor Award: Bergman Nurseries and Rinella Company
• Excellence in Service
o Disaster: Linda Lueckenhoff
o Blood: Barb Houck
o SAF: Bill Rose
• Partnership Award: Betty Jumonville & Dorothy Yackley
• Spirit of Excellence: Nancy Rutledge
• Certificate of Merit: (used their Red Cross skills to save a life) Emily Cornett and Dustin Lane
The following volunteers will receive volunteer service pins.
• Five Year Pin: Catherine Bienhoff, Patricia Buckner, Maureen Cameron, Jerilyn Dufresne, Carlos Fernandez, Jeanette Geise, Tom Geise, Christopher Goehl, Susan Hiatt, Mary Hughes, Julia Goerlich, Brenda Hogan, Shelly Johnson, Alexis Lansing, Debbie Smith, Scott Smith, Cynthia Soebbing, Kent Stegeman, April White, Travis Wood
• 10 year pin: Donald Arnold, Susan Asher, Terry Asher, Ramona Rush and Elizabeth Schlembach
• 15 year pin: Katherine Rowles and Kirby Wiemelt
• 20 year pin: Esther Coggeshell, Linda Cornwell, Louis Demers, Steve Felde, Lenore Kimbrough and Lester McKenzie
• 25 year pin: Katherine Albright
• 30 year pin: Roger Huner
• 70 year pin: Virgene Gilkerson
The board will elect officers and new board members, as well as honoring the retiring board members for their years of service to our community.
• New Board Members to be elected for a 3 year term: Michael Illovsky and Lisa Kugler
• For Re-Election as Board Member for a 3 year term: Cheryl Predmore, Mike Bickhaus and Estela Pledge
• Officers to be elected for 2013-2014
o Carlos Fernandez- Chapter Chairman
o Les McKenzie- Vice Chairman
o Gina Wolf- Secretary
Registered, active volunteers may attend at no charge. Any additional guests will be charged a nominal fee of $9. Reservations should be made prior to the morning of the Annual Meeting.