DENVER, Sept. 16, 2013, 5 p.m. – The American Red Cross will be opening a shelter and evacuation center at 6 p.m. today at the Coors Event Center, 950 Regent Dr., Boulder, for people affected by flooding. This site will help accommodate newly arriving evacuees who have been rescued from remote towns as well as serve as a shelter as other facilities transition away from sheltering.
• The Estes Park shelter has relocated to the Estes Park Conference Center, 201 S. St. Vrain Ave. (from Mountain View Bible Fellowship, 1575 S. St. Vrain)
• The shelter at Niwot High School has closed so that the facility can resume school. Evacuees staying at the shelter were transferred to other Boulder County shelter locations.
Other Open Red Cross Shelter Locations include:
• Mead High School, 12750 County Road 7, Longmont
• YMCA Boulder Valley, 2850 Mapleton Ave., Boulder
• Timberline Church, 2908 S. Timberline Rd., Fort Collins
• Thompson School District Building, 800 S. Taft Ave, Loveland
• City of Greeley Recreation Center, 651 10th Ave., Greeley
• Sterling Middle School, 1177 Pawnee Ave, Sterling