The American Red Cross of Northeast Massachusetts is pleased to announce the 2013 Heroes who will be honored at the 11th Annual Community Heroes Breakfast on Thursday, March 21, 2013 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore in Danvers from 7:30–9:00 A.M. The Mistress of Ceremonies will be Candy O'Terry from Magic 106.7 FM. All proceeds from the fundraiser benefit American Red Cross Local Disaster Relief. For more information, please visit www.redcross.org/ma/peabody or call 978-922-2224.
The Red Cross anticipates about 500 individuals from both the business and non-profit communities to attend their Heroes event on March 21st as they honor community Heroes, including the Enduring Hero and the Humanitarian Hero. Community Heroes are those who have shown courage, dedication and character through extraordinary acts of heroism and kindness and have made a commitment to the community. These inspiring individuals, from all walks of life, are proof that one person can indeed make a difference in the lives of others.
A Selection Committee comprised of professionals from the local community chose the following 2013 Heroes:
• Enduring Hero: Don Kelley, Wayside Trailers, Beverly resident
• Humanitarian Hero: Reverend Michael Duda, First Church of Wenham
• Community Heroes: Rosalin Acosta, TD Bank, Amesbury resident, Jeanne Hennessey, formerly Lorraine Roy Designer Collections of Danvers, and Ken Rothwell, Ken Rothwell's Custom Catering of Salem
• Education Hero: Sgt. Major Kenneth Oswald, Lynn English High School
• First Responder Hero: Sgt. Brian Proulx, Haverhill Police
• Healthcare Hero: Patricia Comeau-Simonson, Bereavement Program Coordinator for Hospice of the North Shore’s Bertolon Center for Grief & Healing, Ipswich resident
• Red Cross "Mission into Action" Heroes: Jill Levine, Athletic trainer at Manchester High School, Paul Willis, South Hamilton resident, and Karen Stewart, Beverly Cooperative Bank
• Youth Hero: Alexandra Romano, student, Peabody High School
Event sponsors thus far include Beverly Hospital, a member of Lahey Health, Anthony & Dodge, Axcelis, Beverly Cooperative Bank, Beverly Rotary Club, CSL International, Endicott College, First Ipswich Bank, People’s United Bank, Resolute Financial, R&L Associates, Inc., TD Bank and the YMCA of the North Shore.
To find out more about the 11th Annual Red Cross Heroes Breakfast, volunteering for the Red Cross, disaster preparedness information, or to donate, please contact the American Red Cross of Northeast MA, 85 Lowell Street, Peabody, MA 01960, call (978) 922-2224, or visit www.redcross.org/ma/peabody.