Local Red Cross Adopts New Name


The American Red Cross – Two Rivers Chapter is the new name for the chapter serving Benton, Dickson, Houston, Henry, Humphreys, Montgomery, Stewart, Ft. Campbell, KY and Land between the Lakes.

The chapter was previously known as the Clarksville-Montgomery County Chapter.

“The Clarksville-Montgomery County Chapter of the American Red Cross was originally chartered in 1917 and at that time the chapter was responsible for only Montgomery County with Clarksville as its county seat and primary city,” said Chapter Executive, Julie Campos. “In the past decade Stewart, Houston, Dickson, Benton, Humphreys and Henry counties have all been added to the Chapter service area, which in effect made the scope of the old name no longer accurate.”

Last year the former Clarksville-Montgomery County Chapter responded to 99 house fires and helped 1,158 people with emergency food, clothing, shelter and medications.

While the Chapter name may be changing, one thing remains the same. The Mission of the organization is to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.

About the American Red Cross: The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or join our blog at http://blog.redcross.org.