Red Cross Blood Drives
Every two seconds someone in America needs blood.
The Red Cross serves as the bridge between over 4 million generous blood donors and millions of patients in need each year. Blood Saves Lives. Please join us at one of our January Blood Drives.
Click here for a complete list of dates and times.
To give blood, you must weigh at least 110 pounds; you must be at least 17 years old (16 with parental consent), and you must be in general good health. If you are sick and cannot donate, please recruit a friend or family member to give in your place.
All donors must have a photo ID or American Red Cross donor card.
If you plan on giving blood:
• Double your fluid intake in the 48 hours leading up to the drive.
• Eat a nutritious meal the night before, as well as the day of, the blood drive.
• Eat iron-rich foods such as lean beef, broccoli, eggs, greens, shrimp or dried beans.
• Also consume foods rich in Vitamin C, such as citrus fruits, cabbage, tomatoes and sweet potatoes.
• Get a good night’s sleep before the drive.
For more information about hosting a blood drive or becoming a blood donor, please contact Rhonda Dodge at (228) 239-0700.