In response to the extreme cold and snow, the American Red Cross will be opening nine warming stations in conjuction with the City of Rochester's "Heat Sweep". Volunteers are currently setting up shelters, with food and water provided by Wegmans, at the following locations:
- Adams Street Community Center: 85 Adams Street
- Avenue D Community Center: 200 Avenue D
- Campbell Street Community Center: 524 Campbell Street
- Carter Street Community Center: 500 Carter Street
- David F. Gantt Community Center: 700 North Street
- Edgerton Community Center: 41 Backus Street
- Flint Street Community Center: 271 Flint Street
- South Avenue Community Center: 99 South Avenue
- Thomas P. Ryan Community Center: 530 Webster Avenue
In addition, the Red Cross remains in contact with emergency managers from across the 17 County Western New York/Finger Lakes Regions and is ready to launch an addtional response as needed.
For more information on how to stay safe during this winter weather, please visit http://www.redcross.org/news/article/Red-Cross-Offers-Tips-To-Stay-Safe-During-Winter-Storm.