You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Red Cross Assists Canton Family After Home Fire

fire response
We were standing outside and watching our home burn, and then we saw the Red Cross volunteers walk up. A wave of relief washed over me.

The Red Cross received a call for assistance on Saturday after a Canton family experienced a home fire. According to the fire investigator, the fire resulted from a malfunction in the kitchen stove. Two family members were home at the time of the fire, but woke at the smell of smoke. Thankfully, they escaped the home without injury. The Red Cross is assisting the family with their emergency disaster-caused needs including shelter, clothing and food.

All Red Cross disaster assistance is free and only possible thanks to the generosity of donors and dedication of local volunteers.