The American Red Cross is seeking volunteers to help with activities on the preparedness team in northern Colorado. Volunteers are encouraged to apply now so that they can participate in a special Preparedness Academy on December 6 and 7 in Loveland, Colo., where they will receive all the training they need to start helping their local communities as part of the Red Cross team.
Red Cross Preparedness Academy Details:
- Classes will be held from 12-7 p.m. on December 6 and 10 a.m-5 p.m. on December 7 and will have training in the following areas:
- Ready Rating – A process to help businesses get better prepared for when a disaster affects them.
- Home Fire Preparedness Campaign – Help reduce the risk of death in a home fire by half by working in high-need communities to test smoke alarms.
- Youth Preparedness – Work with the youth in our communities to help them prepare for a disaster.
- No prior experience is needed – just compassion and the commitment to serve your community as a Red Cross volunteer!
- The training will be held at the McKee building at the Ranch in Loveland, Colorado.
- The training is FREE!
For questions or to register for the Academy email Shannah.Kozlik@redcross.org.