Red Cross assists Chandlerville family after their home fire

Red Cross assists family after home fire
Thankfully, everyone made it out safely, but the apartment and business were completely destroyed.

On July 9, the Red Cross assisted a family of 2 adults who had a fire at their apartment in the 200 block of S. Main St. in Chandlerville on July 4. The fire began in a bedroom around 10:30 am. One person was upstairs in the apartment, while the other resident was downstairs working in the business they own. Thankfully, everyone made it out safely, but the apartment and business were completely destroyed. The couple is staying with a friend, and Red Cross assistance for their other disaster caused needs.