Planning to pull out the dusty camping chairs and roast s’mores alongside the Tournament of Roses Parade route this New Year’s Eve? You can prepare to keep Warm and Safe while enjoying the fun from the curb with these reminders.
- Download the Red Cross’ First Aid App to put expert advice for everyday emergencies at your fingertips.
- Be mindful of the 12 Red Cross First Aid stations located along the 5.5-mile parade route
- Sip warm soup and drinks to maintain warmth. Alcohol is not permitted along the route.
- Wear several layers of lightweight clothing. Several layers provide more warmth than one thick coat.
- Folding chairs are acceptable. Upholstered chairs, couches, boxes of any type, scaffolds, tents, horns, ladders or free-standing umbrellas are not.
- Do not obstruct emergency travel lanes or park in restricted areas.
If Using a Barbecue Grill:
For more information on parade route safety tips, visit the City of Pasadena’s Website.