Today we launched the new American Red Cross mobile app. This app is designed to help protect you and your family during emergency situations. If you previously downloaded our mobile apps, this app has combined the main features from each one of those apps into a more user friendly experience. Our goals is to allow you to view emergency information without having to switch between apps. While this mobile apps has many different functions, the main highlights are listed below.
- Monitor the people and places you care about with real-time local alerts for severe weather and hazards, including earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, flood, tsunamis, winter storms, thunderstorms, extreme heat, and wildfire and many more.
- Make a Plan feature - create an emergency plan for their household so everyone knows what to do and where to go if a disaster strikes.
- Family Safe feature - easily connect with loved ones to share alerts for their area and see if they’re safe during severe weather.
- Customizable alerting and push notification options (more than 35 customizable alerts).
- Interactive quizzes with sharable badges users.
- Preloaded preparedness and critical emergency content providing instant access even without mobile connectivity.
- A toolkit with a flashlight, strobe light, and audible alarm Map with open Red Cross shelters and other weather-related layers.
- Step by step directions on how to make a family emergency plan.
We hope this app will help prepare individuals and families for emergency situations. While apps can help prepare you for disasters, it’s important to remember that downloading any of our apps is not a substitute for training. To learn more about Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED courses or to register, go to redcross.org/TakeAClass. If you would like to download our new mobile app, please follow the link to your appropriate device.